This is a simple French fries seasoning mix to add extra flavour to plain hot chips. Try it on homemade French fries, or store bought frozen fries. Also terrific on wedges or roast potatoes!
This is a simple spice blend that is a copycat of those jars of seasoning for fries sold in the spice aisle at supermarkets. It adds more flavour to French fries than using just plain salt, as well as a lovely warm red colour.
This is a fairly small batch recipe but you probably won’t use it all in one go so store leftovers in an airtight container between uses.
Spices in fries seasoning
Here are the spices you need to make this fries seasoning:
- Salt – I like using table salt for this seasoning as the grains are finer than cooking salt/kosher salt so it sticks better to the surface of the fries. Salt flakes also works well, though I like to crush it slightly with my fingers for better surface dispersion.
- Onion powder can be substituted with more garlic powder, and vice versa.
- Oregano can be substituted with thyme
- Parsley can be substituted with basil
- Paprika – I usually just use plain though sometimes if I’m feeling really wild I might use smoked paprika ????
- Cayenne pepper – entirely optional, to add a touch of warmth to the spice blend.
Simple mix the spices together, then sprinkle as much as you want on your fries.
Leftovers will keep indefinitely but be sure to store in an airtight container so the spices stay dry. It’s so irritating when moisture gets into a spice blend and it goes all clumpy so you can’t sprinkle it properly!
Love to know what you think if you try it – leave a message below! – Nagi x
PS No video today, I thought the recipe as straight forward enough! But if you want to see it on fries, you will see it in the Homemade French Fries video.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Tap or hover to scale
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle on fries to taste.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container or jar in the pantry. Also great on roast potatoes, vegetables and proteins (use for cooking or sprinkle as a finishing salt).
1. Salt type – I like using table salt as the grains are finer than cooking salt/kosher salt so it sticks better to things like fries. However, you can really use any salt type you want.
Ah yes. That day I was trying to get a shot of Dozer jumping into the pool for the cookbook and he refused to get his locks wet. ????
This article was published by: Nagi by title: Fries seasoning | RecipeTin Eats .
If you like the information in this article, please write your opinion in the comments column.
Column comments available for discussion, sharing ideas and knowledge. Respect other readers with good and polite language. Stay on topic. Do not attack or spread hatred against certain ethnic groups, religions, races, or groups. Think carefully before posting a comment.
Please write your comments according to the topic of this news page. Comments that contain SPAM! will not be displayed until it is approved by our team.(comment nicely and politely)
IMPORTANT!!! If you want to take content from our site, please include the source of our article Menghadirkan.com
Tim Editor: Omar, Shaqueena, Bilqis